It’s been a tough time for many people around the globe during this crisis of COVID-19. We are hoping everyone is practicing social distancing and healthy habits while the world fights this virus. There are many ways to keep your mind busy and less stressed if you’re working from home during the week and trying to keep active on the weekends.
Here are Some Tips from Hidden Pond Labradors
Hidden Pond Labradors wants you to know that we understand everything that you may be going through this time. It can be stressful working from home, but a Labrador dog by your side will make everything less stressful.
- Take Time for Breaks – When working from home, you’ll need to set aside some time for a few breaks. These breaks with your Labrador are critical for your mental health and the health of your dog. If you have a backyard, make sure to go outside with them and play around with them. Make sure they are staying as active as possible by playing fetch or running around. If you don’t have a big enough yard, at least take them for a short walk twice a day making sure you keep your distance from other people.
- Don’t Put Your Dog in Another Room – When continuing your work from home, it’s important not to social distance yourself from your Labrador. Stressful situations can be relieved with your Dog in the room. Even if they are sitting there being a good boy or girl, they will give you the peace you need to be productive and up-beat.
- Set Daily Routines for Your Lab – Humans and dogs benefit from routines and schedules. Make sure you keep your already scheduled walks, feedings, and playtime. You also might have to adjust the schedule to the circumstances.
- Get Creative Indoors – It’s tough to keep active indoors, but there are creative approaches you can take to keep things interesting for you and your Labrador. For one, playtime can be adjusted to homemade puzzles and scavenger hunts with your dog. This could be applied to mealtime as well!
- Continue Training – Another way to distract you and your dog from the outside world is to continue with training and developing tricks. In your regular schedule, you may not have the time to teach your Labrador new tricks, but now, you just might. If they don’t know how to roll over, play dead, shake paws, or spin around, set aside time during the day to develop these tricks with your Labrador.
Quarantining with Your Labrador
We know it can be difficult to practice social distancing, but it’s important to keep a positive attitude while this pandemic is going on. With a Labrador Retriever, you’ll not only have the benefit of having a companion by your side, but you’ll also spend time with a loving, loyal, and caring dog. Labradors are incredible family pets, and they always want to share their love with you.
Hidden Pond Labradors provides Labrador Retrievers for individuals and families. We treat these Labradors like our own with care and love. They only want the best family to accept them in their home. Contact Hidden Pond Labradors at 607-857-1461 today for more information and questions on how to stay active with your Labrador during these times.